Monday, October 27, 2008

Motivation


I'm working on a little personal journey, trying to get healthy, if you will. I've bought three different books over the last year dealing with divorce and healing. I've done a lot of journal writing (word processing, but still writing). I take a multi-vitamin every night. I've joined a book group with other singles trying to figure stuff out. I even volunteer on Sunday mornings in a baby room to get my baby fix. Oh, and I enjoy a good glass of wine while chatting with friends and my sister.

Dude. I have got to exercise. I don't know how long I've been mulling over the idea of joining the Y, but I haven't yet done it. There's no real reason, but I seem to easily come up with several "excuses" why I haven't dragged my butt in there. Here are the reasons why I should join: It's going to make me sleep better, become more flexible, increase my strength and lung capacity, good for my bones (since I have osteopenia, which is pre-osteoperosis), and it will MAKE MY JEANS FIT BETTER!!

So, I just have to suck up the added expense and sign up. Saturday is November 1st. The day after payday. Sounds like the perfect time. Wish me luck.....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i just wrote you the LONGEST comment and then it got deleted. here is long story short:
1. I just decided to CANCEL my membership. It was burning a $40 hole in my pocket.
2. don't feel TOO bad since i've been walking/running/shuffling on my treadmill at home.
3. let me know how you like the Y
4. i'm pretty sure teachers get a discount at the Y. check our nsd employee discount page
5. i'm proud of you

:)